Weatherproof and supportive hiking shoe packed with trail running technology. A synergy of technologies, Tsunami Mid is a multi-activity shoe packed with features from both our hiking and trail running ranges.
- Built on the outsole platform of our Saurus trail running shoe, Tsunami Mid gives a superbly cushioned feel with excellent grip from the high friction Vibram Megagrip® rubber compound. The uppers are made from lightweight synthetic textile with a TPU injection overlay for added abrasion resistance and support. With an ankle height cut, Tsunami Mid provides a little more ankle support that a low cut shoe. Inside you’ll find a class leading Sympatex Moisture Tech® waterproof lining for all weather comfort, come rain or shine.
- Tsunami Mid feels as light and cushioned as a trailing running shoe but has all the weatherproof ruggedness and performance you’d expect from a hiking shoe. Weatherproof hiking shoe packed with trail running technology. A synergy of technologies, Tsunami Mid is a multi-activity shoe packed with features from both our hiking and trail running ranges.
- UPPERS: High strength outer fabric incorporating waterproof and breathable membrane. Waterproof 1.8 mm microfiber with TPU injection for protection and reinforcement. HFS padding system for perfect support
- LINING: Sympatex® Moisture Tech for absolute waterproofness + stay cool breathability
- MIDSOLE: Boreal PLT
- SOLE: Vibram Ttrail. Rubber sole with integrated toecap and dual density EVA rand for optimum comfort. TPU piece for support and stability. Megagrip compound for superior grip. Boreal’s patented ITR construction system to provide excellent durability prevent delamination at the toe
- USAGE: Trekking, backpacking, fell walking, 2-3 season use. Travel
- WEIGHT: 720gr. pair. Size 4 U.K.
Trekking boots require a snug fit around the heel area to prevent unwanted movement which can lead to excessive friction and blisters. HFS is a system of anatomically shaped high quality foam padding which helps to comfortably hold the heel securely whilst accommodating different heel shapes.
TPNet is a lattice of thermoplastic polyurethane which is injected into the outer fabric.
This TPU lattice creates an exoskeleton like structure which stiffness the fabric. TPNet may be used to provide ample lateral ankle support around the heel area of a lightweight boot with minimal weight. TPNet is very durable also serves to protect the underlying fabric from abrasion. Since TPNet is injected into the fabric rather than glued the bond is permanent and will not delaminate. The large holes in the TPNet lattice allow for much better breathability than traditional non-permeable reinforcement layers.
The innovative one-piece sole and rand construction of the Integrated Rand System (IRS) allows Boreal to finely tune the rubber thickness around the shoe for the optimum balance of fit, performance and durability. By combining the rand and sole unit into one piece, there is zero chance of delaminating.