The new system of Grigri 2 helps the insurer to stop a fall and block the climber with all the dynamic ropes in simple market with a range between 8.9 to 11 mm. It has a new design that allows an excellent control “during the descent” more precise and lower to the desired speed.
– Self-braking system: in case of abrupt and sudden tension (fall), the pulley pivots to clamp the rope and thus helps the belayer to stop the fall.
– To stand out: a contribution of security in the maneuvers of securing and descending in climbing in top-rope, in wall or climbing wall.
– For a single rope of 8.9 to 11 mm in diameter. (ideal in 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm).
– Type of insurance: semi-static.
– Compact and ultralight. (25% smaller and 20% lighter than the Grigri).
– Automatic blocking
– Diagrams of brake system placement of the rope is recorded (inside and outside)
– Materials: aluminum plates, stainless steel brake cams, nylon reinforcement.
– Weight according to the manufacturer: 185 g.
– Standard CE prEN 15151.
– Intended for experienced climbers.
– Similar to a classic belay device.
– Regulation of the sliding using both hands to make the rope slide.
– Retention of the fall by tightening the rope’s free end.
– For descent, speed regulation with the hand on the free end (unlocking the rope by means of the handle).