This is a kayak initiation tour for all the family and groups who want to try the sea kayak. The “La Façana Marítima” tour, is developed in the seafront of Vilanova i la Geltrú, which is a perfect place to start your sea nautical and kayak activities, thank’s to the type of beaches and of the usual state of the sea, almost always after the waves and the wind thanks to the breakwaters of the Port of Vilanova and the spike of the Pasífae.
Before starting the excursion we will do a small lesson of kayaking and paddling technique to enjoy at all times the route.
In this activity we will use sit on top kayaks for two or three people, so in these kayaks we can go 2 adults and one child, or one adult and one infant or even one adult and two children together, depending on the group, or as you like, but will always be an adult or 16 and older with children under 10.
Along the route apart from practice to paddle we can enjoy the views, in different places in Vilanova and enjoy birds such as the squirrels, collverd ducks, gulls, white maples, feathered cormorants, among others that we find thanks to to the naturalization of the Torrent de Sant Joan and the closer area.
We will go along the seafront passing Ribes Roges beach, the central breakwater where we will see the sculpture of the Pasifae, made by the local artist Oscar Estruga, interpreting through sculpture the history of the Pasifae of Mediterranean mythology and the ancient Greek, we will arrive at Platja de Adarró where there is the Iber village of Adarró, we will continue along the coast passing in front of the majestic chalet of Nin, a modernist chalet on a hill between the beaches of the Republic, and the Sant Gervasi beach, we will follow the route until arrive to the Punta de Sant Gervasi and the Racó de Santa Llúcia, passing some little cove where if we want we can do a pause, and a relaxing bath. And then we slowly return to enjoy a calm and gentle paddle to the base from where we’ve started.
Objectives of the Activity:
Start into the world of kayaking and water sports.
Learn the technique of paddle of the sea kayaking and drive the kayak.
- Enjoy the sights and physical activity with family and friends in kayak
- Get to know and see the seafront of Vilanova from the sea.
- Meeting Point: Base Cota Zero a la Platja de Ribes Roges
- Location: https://goo.gl/maps/
- Calendar: Spring to autumn
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Ages: from 4 years old
- Level: Initiation
- Timetable : morning better, is possible at afternoon too.
- Information and Contact: Phone 938145019 Email:email@example.com
What is it included:
- Juice or water for the stop
- Suc i aigua per la parada
- Equipment rent (kayak, paddle, buoyancy aid)
- Locker place for personal belongings.
What do you need to bring:
- Thermal shirt, lycra or sport t-shirt that can get wet and dry fast.
- Swimsuit or pants that can get wet.
- Closed shoes or sandals that can get wet (old sneakers, crocs, surf shoes, etc.)
- Dry clothes and a towel to change clothes after finish the activity.
- If you wear glasses, some band or strap to hold them and don’t them.
- Sunscreen,, cap and water or something to drink..
Sunglasses with band to hold them.