“Les Costes del Garraf” is the most spectacular sealine tour of Sitges, Garraf coast and Barcelona. If you do a tour of this area by kayak is the best way to discover the cliffs, nooks and coves.
This coast is characterized by its rocky appearance with limestone cliffs, where we will find a diversity of coves, cliffs and caves, … and where we will be able to see cormorants and other animals and birds depending on the time of year. It is also one of the few green areas remaining on the coast between Barcelona and Tarragona, a green lung that remains quite unspoilt, despite urban pressure, and other infrastructure and industrial attacks. It is populated with white pine, palm hearts (native and protected palm), rosemary, among other vegetation. During the journey we will meet several pebble coves and caves. On a calm sea day we can go along the ends, the coves and the cliffs almost touching the rock or passing between the rocks.
The tour can be done in different ways depending on the level, the interest and the time available, so we propose:
– 2 hours excursion, for families, groups of friends, initiation, … Look at the “Sitges Coves” Family Tour “ https://cota-zero.cat/en/family-tour-sitges-coves/
– 3 hour excursion for those who want to enjoy the coasts and start on the traverses.
– 6h journey (all day), for the more adventurous people, with stopping to eat in a cove.
The journey will allow us to navigate the coast of the Costas del Garraf where the Garraf Massif reaches and sinks into the sea, where we can see spectacular cliffs such as the Falonera 130m high, or caves and coves such as those of La Pimienta or the Cala Morisca, .. this massif is part of the Garraf Natural Park and the sea that the horn is declared a Site of Community Importance (SCI) and Special Protection Area for Birds (ZEPA).
The starting point is the beach of the Marina de Aiguadolç although it can be raised in reverse from the town of Garraf or from the beach of Puerto Ginesta, arriving in Sitges.
During the excursion we will see the infrastructures and bridges that were made more than a century ago by the train. Despite these infrastructures and especially thanks to their inaccessibility, we can find a large number of birds such as cormorants, gray herons, … or some falcons and Bonelli’s eagles, among other birds with more presence such as gulls, terns, silver gulls, ..
For those who already go on a kayak touring this naughty we propose it to enjoy and practice what they learned in the courses and also with safety and family treatment as a flag, that is why they are carried out in small groups.
During the excursion we will make a stop in a cove or cave where we will regain strength and we can practice snorkeling. To carry out this excursion, no previous experience is necessary. Before the excursion there will be an explanation or a reminder of the paddling technique and the different concepts and knowledge of the kayak and safety.
This excursion is possible to do in sit on top kayaks or sea kayaks according to experience and level of the participants and group.
- Meeting Point: Platja d’Aiguadolç Sitges
- Location: https://g.page/sitgessurfclub?share
- Calendar: Spring to autumn
- Duration: 2:30-3 hours to 6h
- Ages: from 8 years old
- Level: Initiation to medium
- Timetable : morning better, is possible at afternoon too.
- Information and Contact: Phone 938145019 Email:email@example.com
Objectives of the Activity:
- Improve and practice the paddle and kayak driving technique.
- Start into the world of kayaking and water sports.
- Learn the technique of paddle of the sea kayaking and drive the kayak.
Put into practice the contents and objectives of the courses
Get started in the safety of the sea caiac.
Enjoy the views and the activity
Know and discover the area of the Costas del Garraf from the sea.
- Enjoy the sights and physical activity with family and friends in kayak
What is it included:
- Juice or water for the stop
- Suc i aigua per la parada
- Equipment rent (kayak, paddle, buoyancy aid)
- Locker place for personal belongings.
What do you need to bring:
- Thermal shirt, lycra or sport t-shirt that can get wet and dry fast.
- Swimsuit or pants that can get wet.
- Closed shoes or sandals that can get wet (old sneakers, crocs, surf shoes, etc.)
- Dry clothes and a towel to change clothes after finish the activity.
- If you wear glasses, some band or strap to hold them and don’t them.
- Sunscreen,, cap and water or something to drink..
- Sunglasses with band to hold them.